If you are on the move then having a home that has been designed to impress is vital, because in a challenging property market, 'looks' rival location.
However, if you are not selling and are staying put, then feathering your nest is also a priority so we've pulled together the best advice into one place.
- How to: prepare your home for sale
- Expert advice - ask away at Sarah Ward
- How to: give your home an inexpensive makeover
- Visit our interiors advice page to read more
- Read: our essential moving checklist
- Find out: how to sell a house
- How to: value your home
- Is your home in a million pound home hotspot?
- How much will it cost to convert your loft?
- Read more property knowledge articles
The value of location
- How much more does a home by the sea cost?
- The price of buying near a decent secondary school
- What makes for a nappy valley?
- Why Michelin stars are a guide to house prices
- Find out more about the value of location
- Agent: Simon Bradbury Why price not location now matters more
- Designer: Robert Walker How to maximise light in your home
- Designer: Nicola Burt How to dress your home for sale
- Agent: Frank Webster How to make the most of renting your home out
- Designer: Barry Burrows How to turn a rooftop into a second garden
- Agent: Judy Niner How to rent out your spare room the easy way
- Agent: Dawn Caritt My six essential tips tohelp sell your home
- Blogger: Matthew Langham Make the most of naturallight in your home
- Second homes: Jo Goodson How to make the most of your second home
- Homes: Rob James How to make the most of selling your home
- Developer: Rob Soning His candid top top tips if you're buying new
- Find out what strange things the star of our TV advert does to make the most of her home