A substantial four bedroom (1561 square feet internal area) west wing of a Victorian country house, with accommodation arranged over three floors, and presented in impeccable condition throughout. Woodlands is a gated development of 5 individually designed apartments and houses formed from the complete, professionally designed and supervised, refurbishment and extension of main house originally constructed 1899. The properties retain architectural period features, with high specification finishes & amenities set within communal gardens and grounds in a charming woodland setting.
* Secure gated development * Impressive communal hall * Attractive mature gardens and grounds * Video entry phone system * New mains services * Underfloor heating at ground and first floor, radiators at second floor level * Sustainable bamboo strip flooring * Double-glazed windows throughout * Intruder alarm system * Garage and on-site parking * EPC- Band C
situation The properties enjoy a quiet semi-rural location. They adjoin woodland and open countryside, although are conveniently situated for local and other amenities. They lie on the outskirts of the popular village of Normandy with local convenience shopping approximately 1 mile distant in the village of Ash. Approximately 1.5 miles from A31 Hogs Back, leading to A3 truck road and A331 Blackwater Valley road both providing access to the motorway network. Guildford within 6 miles with comprehensive range of shopping, recreational and leisure facilities and mainline railway station offering frequent commuter service to London Waterloo (35 minutes). In addition there is a local branch railway station at Wanborough providing services to Guildford, Aldershot and beyond.
History According to researches carried out by the vendors at scc History Centre and from other sources, the land that now forms the Woodlands estate was known as Normandy Park Nurseries and was offered for sale by auction in October 1897. The land was eventually purchased in September 1898 by a group of people including an architect. The main house was built in 1899, and the 1901 Census shows the house occupied by A.J. Ridler (retired furniture dealer) his wife Florence, four children and two servants. The estate was sold in September 1919 to W.F. Johnson (architect and surveyor of Farnborough) who lived in the house until his death in 1959. It is believed that both the house and the gardens were extended during his ownership. The vendor's family purchased the estate in 1960 and it was occupied as a family home and business until recently. The main house and stables have been developed by the descendants. More detailed information upon the history of the estate is available.
Additional information The property is approached over a long driveway with a turning circle to the front of the property. There is a formal area of garden with pond and lawns and areas of woodland. Single garage in block, additional parking.
Services New mains supplies and connections for water, electricity, foul drainage and telecommunications. No mains gas Oil fired heating Private surface water drainage system
ground rent £250 pa.
Lease 125 years.
Local authority Guildford Borough Council (Tele:
Viewing Strictly by appointment through Seymours Estate Agents, 135 Worplesdon Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 9XA.
Directions Proceeding out of Guildford on the A322 Worplesdon Road turn left at the Fox Corner roundabout onto the B380 Ash Road. Proceed along, turning left onto the A324 Aldershot Road at the junction. Passing School Lane on your left hand side, Woodlands will be found very shortly on your right hand side.
Fixtures and fittings We have not carried out a detailed survey, nor tested the appliances, mechanical or electrical fittings.